NOGCSA Legacy Scholarships Due June 1The 2015 NOGCSA Legacy Award Application is now available. Applications must be postmarked by June 1, 2015.
The NOGCSA Legacy award offers education aid to the children and grandchildren NOGCSA members. This scholarship will be available for high school graduates that are pursuing a college education in an area of study other than Turfgrass Management. There will be one annual scholarship of $2,000.00 available for dispersal based on the NOGCSA board's decision.
The NOGCSA Board will review applicants. The decision process will be completely anonymous with the broad not knowing the applicants name until the final decision is reached. The board’s decision will be final. All scholarship award checks will be made out to the applicant to be used for education expenses only.
- One or more of the applicant’s parents or grandparents must have been a NOGCSA member for five years and must be a current member. Children and grandchildren of deceased members are also eligible if the member was active at the time of his or her death.
- The student must be enrolled at an accredited institution of higher education, or in the case of high school seniors, must be accepted at and committed to such an institution for the next academic year. Graduating seniors must attach a copy of the letter of acceptance.
- Past winners are ineligible to apply.
Criteria for Selection
- Applicants will be evaluated on academics, extracurricular and community involvement, leadership and outside employment.
- The student must submit an original essay of 200-300 words.
- Deadline for applications is June 1, 2015 by postmark. The scholarship will be awarded at our in November for use towards that years college expenses.
How to Apply
Students must download then complete and submit the .pdf application form below and supply the following under one cover:
- Transcripts from all high schools and colleges attended.
- Typed original essay and application.
- Graduating high school seniors must attach a collegiate letter of acceptance.
- Packets must be postmarked by: June 1, 2015
- Send packet to:
1106 Royce St. NW
Uniontown, Ohio 44685