Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Broadview Heights, Ohio
Job Status: Sourcing
Description: The Golf Course Grounds Maintenance person maintains and enhances Cleveland Metroparks golf courses by performing semi-skilled work, and as capable and assigned, skilled work on all aspects of the golf course. Essential Functions:
- Performs semi-skilled work, and as capable and assigned, skilled work in golf grounds maintenance including; Cutting cups, raking bunkers, and mowing greens, tees, and fairways exercising a degree of independent judgement.
- Performs semi-skilled work, and as capable and assigned, skilled work in golf course irrigation, drainage, and turf maintenance practices.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge and proficiency in the handling and application of pesticides and fertilizers. . Operates and maintains the following equipment: Green, tee, and fairways mowers, tank sprayers, greens roller, tractors, topdressers, spreaders, and other related turf equipment.
- Performs assigned duties with efficiency and attention to detail.
- Other Functions:
- Carries out duties and responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner to maintain a safe work environment and surrounding areas for oneself, co-workers, and public. Responds to hazardous situations and/or potentially unsafe conditions by taking corrective action as capable, and promptly notifying supervisory personnel.
- Informs Supervisor of key issues promptly.
- Provides work direction, changes work assignments, and corrects work activity of other employees, as assigned.
- Work Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday
- Filing Deadline: 06/16/2021 Qualifications:
- Minimum two year degree in Turfgrass Science or equivalent. (preferred)
- Experience working on a golf course with golf specific grounds maintenance (preferred).
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license under the laws of the State of Ohio
- Pesticide license CAT 8 Turf endorsement (preferred).
- Familiar with golf etiquette and the rules of golf.
- Preferred experience with basic maintenance of turf equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit leadership consistent with teamwork approach that recognizes the contribution of all employees.
- Keeps current with new production methods, techniques, and materials by work assignment locations.
- Possess the necessary written and oral communication skills to communicate professionally.
How to Apply: To Apply: Please visit our career site at www.clevelandmetroparks.com, search requisition #21241
Start Date: July 2021
Education Level: College
Company Name: Cleveland Metroparks
Company Address: 4101 Fulton Parkway
Zip Code: 44144
Contact Name: Lori Mullins
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone Number: 216-635-3283